I know I've posted a "how to get free stuff" article before, but I wanted to do a little bit of an update and a bit more thorough. Mainly because I have a couple of co-workers who were awesome enough to join my site but are confused as all heck as to how to get the freebies! So here's a refresher and I'll probably make this my main 'go to' info page as far as how the freebies thing work.
**Please note I made this tutorial when I used blogger. The advice is the same, but the look of the page may have changed. Thanks for your understanding!
2) It's a more secure browser. And 3) the
3) the add-ons! Which brings me to the next step...
Once you have downloaded
|This is how the
|After you do the search this is the option you want to add to your
|This will probably pop up and you want to hit "install" After that you will need to restart the browser.|
Once you have
|Click the icon for a
|Click Fill Forms|
|Select your profile or add a profile -- Notice I have one for my personal use and one for my reviewing purposes :)|
|Depending on which profile you want to use to fill out your info, you would select Fill Form -- Once that is clicked your info will be filled for you.|
Once you have set up a good browser with the Last Pass Ad on the rest is easy. As I always say I only post the freebies, I do not actually send them out. I host giveaways and provide sponsored product reviews, but I do not do the prize fulfillment myself nor do I give out your info for free stuff. I just post the links to the company or person who is offering the freebies. So for example, you see this post when you appear on my web page:
That is just a summary. That is not the full post on the homepage. I do this to try to avoid a lot of clutter. Also, if someone is not interested in the offer they can quickly skip over it and go on to the next. If you are interested in this offer then you would click the "Read this Article" or clicking on the title itself will bring you to the post. So if you clicked on that you would go to the post and it'd appear like this:
Notice there is a full post, a blog
Step 5: Once you're on the post of the freebie you're interested in you would click the
Once you're on the post of the freebie you're interested in you would click the sponsor's link. That would be this link here:
After you click that particular link, it would bring you to this page:
- Make a separate email account for signing up for freebies. I say this because you will get a lot of spam mail. Keep in mind some freebies you do need to verify your email account in order to receive so remember the password and check it often. I personally prefer to use Gmail because it offers plenty of storage space and easy to use. Not to mention it's free. Plus Gmail has something called "Unsubscriber" that you can sign up for that's free which unsubscribes you from the junk mail you don't want.
- I suggest getting an alternative phone number. Maybe one of the ones that you use
throughthe internet such as Google Voice or a Free UK Phone Number. The reason I suggest this, some companies require a phone number. Why? Most likely to try and sell you some sort of junk after you sign up for your free sample. To avoid the annoying spam calls, get some sort of fake number or alternative number for online. If you plan on answering the calls every once in a while, then maybe try out a prepaid phone.
- It's helpful to know which time zone you're in and how to translate the time from any other time zone to your own. Many time-sensitive giveaways start a specific time that is announced ahead of time.
From there you just repeat the same step for each freebie: Click the post you're interested in, click the link to the sponsor who is giving the stuff away, fill out your info on the page. Then wait!
I hope this was a bit more informative and helpful. Please, if you have any questions feel free to ask. I am happy to help. If you need more step by steps just let me know! You may not be the only confused one. Not everyone is internet savvy or freebie savvy and I understand that. Good luck in your freebie hunt!
More helpful articles
- Things to keep in mind when requesting freebies
- How Non-Members can get samples from Sams & Costco
- Free Makeup Samples at local cosmetic counters
- Setting Closet of Free Samples as your Homepage