In this day and age, it feels like everything is so expensive. I personally feel like I can do a variety of things and it hardly makes a dent in my electricity bill! For example, I’ll keep off electronics not in use, keep lights off in rooms that are not being used, and even keep the heat and air conditioner turned completely off until I’m too hot or too cold. Yet, still, that electric bill comes in and seem to not be lowering – at least, not by much! So here are a couple of money-saving tips, if not just for electricity, but for your home life in general.
First up on our list is Heat-Line
– A Freeze protection system. One of the services that this company offers is Retro-Line, an advanced, self-regulating heat trace system that is used for safe, efficient and reliable internal pipe freeze protection. Retro-Line is designed to provide internal freeze protection for new or existing, water supply pipes and sump pump line systems without the need to excavate. Retro-Line is the most advanced internal heat cable system available on the market as it is the only internal system that offers advanced self-regulating technology. It can be used in a variety of water supply pipe applications including, cottages, homes, resorts, farms, exploration and mining camps, and commercial/ industrial facilities.
While this doesn’t seem like it’s a money saver, the fact of the matter is, it can be. I’m thinking of areas that are prone to frequent freezing. By investing in this system, you can prevent such a thing and ultimately saving you money in the long-run for repairs and such.
Solar Water Heating Solutions
Another great money saver is using solar power whenever possible. In this case, a solar water tank heater
would be a great option and possibly a big money saver! Not only will you reduce the amount of electricity you are using in your home or business (at least when it comes to heating water), but you will also be making a green
impact on the environment.
This particular solution refers more towards businesses or someone who ships products often from their home. The reason a good scale could save you money is in the postage department. Some people, who don’t have a counting scale, tend to overpay for their postage because they rather over-guess the weight of their shipment rather than risk the package coming back and having to pay for a second shipment. Getting a scale, such as one from JohnsonScale.com
, could help with this issue. Additionally, Counting scales can contribute towards a substantial reduction of costs of goods in the following areas:
- Reduction of inventory losses: Reduction in the sources of error will allow receivables verification and distribution of parts from the stockroom to be more accurate
- Reduction in stocking levels: By attaining accuracies on an IRA Basis, inventories can be reduced without increasing the risks of stock-outs.
- Increasing distribution accuracy: Controlling operational usage and minimizing the “sources of error” will increase pick accuracy. This will help minimize the costly correction processes when picks are not right.
- Reduction in distribution labor costs: By eliminating repetitive sampling processes, labor is normally reduced by approximately 30-50%.
As I said, a good investment that could potentially save you some money.
Do you have any good money-saving advice you want to share? Leave it in a comment below!