I'm a mom of 2 children. One is 3-year-old and one is 9-years-old. We're always looking for fun homemade craft type things to do. Well, this one is our homemade playdough recipe that we use that has been working great for us!
You will need:
- 4 cups flour (any brand is fine)
- 1 cup salt
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- Food coloring
- First, mix the oil, water, and food coloring together.
- Next, add the flour and salt. Then mix until pliable. You can just use your hands to do that part.
- Cover in the refrigerator until ready to play.
*Tip: This recipe makes a bunch. You will have four good sized balls of play dough. You might want to cut the recipe in half if you don’t need quite that much.
This is such a great way to allow kids to use their imaginations while having fun and learning! Perfect for homeschooling parents, too!