Have you been looking for a good affiliate marketplace? Today, I will be introducing to ShareASale, which is one popular affiliate marketplace that can help you earn extra income online.
I have been asked many times why I prefer ShareASale affiliate program
. I think ShareASale affiliate program is one of the best options out there.
was started in 2000 & it’s a popular service for marketers to launch an affiliate program for their product or services. At the time, bloggers & Affiliate marketers can find new Affiliate program & join them. This tutorial is more inclined towards blogger to understand how it works & how to use ShareASale. Marketers who plan to launch an affiliate program, can join them & use their Welcome Kit & training webinars to educate themselves.
Network Breakdown of ShareASale Affiliate Program
ShareASale mainly provides two types of promotions. Only selling the products is not the way to get rewarded. Different affiliate programs can use different payment terms such as:
Pay per Lead:
In this, the advertiser pays you (terms affiliate) based on the conversion of leads, such as a file or software download, completion of a sign-up form for a newsletter, trial offer sign-up, or other desired action. If a customer follows an affiliate link to the advertiser’s site and completes the required action in accordance with the affiliate agreement, the affiliate is paid. This PPL is also known as CPA (Cost Per Action).
Pay per Sale:
In this, the advertiser pays the affiliate based on the conversion of sales. If a customer follows an affiliate link to the advertiser’s site and makes a purchase in accordance with the affiliate agreement, the affiliate is paid. Affiliates can earn a higher commission through pay-per-sale affiliate programs, however, these types of programs usually have the lowest conversion rate.
How To Sign Up For ShareASale Affiliate Program?
To create an affiliate account on ShareASale, you need to have a website. Even if you plan to promote an affiliate deal using PPC, Google AdSense or any other, you need to have a website.
Note: When you join any merchant they will see your primary website. If you enter any non-working website, chances are your application to join them will be rejected.
Signing up for ShareASale Affiliate Program is free and very easy. Just follow steps –
- Go to ShareASale
- Choose if you want to join ShareASale as an Affiliate (to earn commission by promoting products) or Merchant (to sell/promote your products).
- Click on ‘Affiliate Sign Up’ to join as an affiliate and ‘Merchant Join Here’ to join as a Merchant.
- Complete the Sign Up Form.
- Enter the email address in step 3. The last step is to enter your personal details like name, Address & payment details. Don’t worry about Payment, as ShareASale offer payment via check, ACH, which you can configure later. Once done, click on move to the next step. This is where you can configure your payment setting or skip it for you. Once you are inside your dashboard of ShareASale account, you can edit or configure your payment settings. Once you are done signing up, open your email account & click on the confirmation link.
- Wait for 1-2 days to get a confirmation mail from ShareASale.
- You can come back here once your application is approved, or better learn how to use ShareASale interface.
Find Merchants to Promote On your Blog
Once you have joined ShareASale affiliate program successfully, the next step is to find the merchants for your blog. Follow the below steps –
- Go to ShareASale page and log in.
- Hover your mouse over “Merchants” and click “Search for Merchants”
- Enter the name of the merchant you are looking for, and click “Search”.
- Alternatively, you can use ‘Advance Search’ option (as shown below) or browse merchant through categories.
- Once you have found the merchant, click “Join Program”.
- Now, wait for the email notifying you of your approval.
- Once you got approval, you are good to go.
is all about choosing merchants (or products to be more specific) wisely. Choose the merchants or products that come under your niche. You can browse by category to see all merchants related to your topics or niche. When you find a company you recognize, you can see the general payout for a sale, plus read the details of the affiliate program. The name of the company is on the left. Underneath will be a link to JOIN PROGRAM
Payment Threshold and Paying Methods of ShareASale Affiliate Program
ShareASale makes payment via direct deposit or check. Default payment threshold is $50. Once you reach $50 you will be paid by your preferred payment method. You can check/update your payment setting by clicking Account –> Edit Settings.) Payments are made on the 20th of every month for the previous month’s commissions. If you make $20 in one month and $30 in 2nd, you will receive $50 in the 3rd month.
Why is ShareASale Affiliate Program Best?
- ShareASale has a very user-friendly and easy to use interface.
- You can find almost any product in your niche. There are more than thousands of products available in ShareASale to promote.
- Pay Per Sale and Pay Per Lead both types of programs are available there. Few programs pay 2 Tier commission too.
- Share a Sale has downtime and history report on the merchants. You can see how often the Merchant has gone offline
- ShareASale offers real-time reporting. You can see how your campaigns are performing in real time. Both unique and non-unique clicks and everything broke out by the merchant.
- You can find many Renowned Companies offering their services that you can promote.
- Payout threshold is very low (i.e. 50$) as compared to other affiliate programs. It is one of the best paying affiliate programs.
- ShareASale doesn’t hold you to a contract. You can leave at any time and not have to deal with any penalty etc.
- Share a Sale offers easy to create, manage and modify widgets for your Affiliates so you can always make sure there are up to date products and best sellers showing where you want them to.
- They offer training for everyone. Merchants can go to webinars to learn about incentives for Affiliates, ways to motivate them, recruit them and to grow their programs. Affiliates can learn how to grow their own companies and use the tools they didn’t know existed to make more money.
There are many other reasons why I consider ShareASale Affiliate program as the best affiliate program
. So far, I do not have any ShareASale complaints and my experience is very good. You can find almost any product in your niche. There are more than thousands of products available in ShareASale to promote.