As a 28-year-old mom, going on 29 in September, I am more aware of my skin and wanting to try to keep away fine lines and wrinkles. One of my favorite type of products is Vitamin C serum
. There`s so many benefits of using Vitamin C serum, which I will explain more in a minute. This particular brand of serum is affordable, though, for anyone who may be interested in trying it. You can grab this one for just $13 and get FREE shipping if you`re an Amazon prime member. That`s a 68% discount off the regularly listed price of $50!
- Features VC (Vitamin C, L-Ascorbic Acid) is a strong antioxidant, but unstable in water. This serum contains glutathione acid, ferulic acid, and is charged with argon and nitrogen gases which protect the VC from oxidation. In this way, we are able to keep our serum fresh and at full potency without the use of any preservatives, guaranteed. In addition to Vitamin C, Vitamin C Serum 21% contains special hydrating and nourishing ingredients essential in maintaining beautiful skin.
- Note: Taking Vitamin C through a supplement or food is beneficial to your health, but topical Vitamin C is needed to specifically target signs of aging on your face. In fact, applying Vitamin C to the skin can be 20 times more effective than aking it orally. But for the long term effect, daily taking VC establishes a good foundation for skin health and beauty.
- No Oil, Preservatives, Fragrance, or Coloring Agents Vitamin C Serum 21% Serum helps 1. lighten the skin tone, 2. reduce/remove age spots, 3. remove fine lines, 4. reduce deep wrinkles, 3. neutralize free radicals, 4. defend from UV damage, 5. enhance collagen synthesis. Features VC (Vitamin C, L-Ascorbic Acid) is a strong antioxidant, but unstable in water. This serum contains glutathione acid, ferulic acid, and is charged with argon and nitrogen gases which protect the VC from oxidation. In this way, we are able to keep our serum fresh and at full potency without the use of any preservatives, guaranteed. In addition to Vitamin C, Vitamin C Serum 21% contains special hydrating and nourishingn ingredients essential in maintaining beautiful skin. Key Ingredients Other than main active of 21% L-Ascorbic Acid, we use two important antioxidants protecting L-Ascorbic Acid from being oxidized. Ferulic Acid-It helps stabilize the very unstable ascorbic acid and acts synergistically with other antioxidants to increase their efficacy. Glutathione-It plays role of protecting against the autoxidation of ascorbic acid and regenerating ascorbic acid by reaction with dehydroascorbic acid. Vitamins-B3, B5 and B6. Moisturizers-Beta Glucan, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium PCA and etc.
- Key Ingredients Other than main active of 21% L-Ascorbic Acid, we use two important antioxidants protecting L-Ascorbic Acid from being oxidized. Ferulic Acid-It helps stabilize the very unstable ascorbic acid and acts synergistically with other antioxidants to increase their efficacy. Glutathione-It plays role of protecting against the autoxidation of ascorbic acid and regenerating ascorbic acid by reaction with dehydroascorbic acid. Vitamins-B3, B5 and B6. Moisturizers-Beta Glucan, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium PCA and etc.
It’s a fact in society today – those with healthier and more vibrant appearances get noticed. Did you know that someone forms an opinion of you based on 1/10th of a second of looking at your face? This isn’t to say that you should stop reading books and only concentrate on your looks! It means you need to take care of your appearance and skin, and make every effort you can to shine. Unfortunately as you age and your body is subjected to the harsh environment filled with pollution, smoke, and UV rays, your vibrant skin begins to deteriorate extremely quickly. There are many options to reduce the signs of aging from your skin. Some popular procedures include facelifts and chemical peels. These options are expensive and can be painful. Some healthy skin products that promote an anti wrinkle effect may contain harmful and harsh chemicals that can do more harm than good.
Dr. Mehmet Oz, of Oprah fame, consulted with the top plastic surgeons in the United States and discovered that Vitamin C serums are a safer and cheaper alternative to these intrusive procedures, and are also composed of natural ingredients that are produced in your body. Vitamin C is a critical factor in your body for not only preventing disease, but also maintaining healthy, youthful looking skin. At a young age, your skin is bursting full of Vitamin C. But with age, the levels in your skin decrease. It’s an unfortunate problem that seems to be irreversible. But with proper foresight, this does not necessarily have to be the case and you can replenish your Vitamin C levels to combat and even reverse the effects of aging and pollutants on your skin and face.
Vitamin C Serum products have been clinically shown to:
Vitamin C plays an essential role in building collagen.
- Reverse skin damage
- Slow down the skin aging process
- And improve the appearance of wrinkles
A number of studies have shown that treating human skin cells with vitamin C derivatives can stimulate collagen production. Topical vitamin C may also help preserve existing collagen by influencing the enzymes responsible for breaking down collagen. It has also been shown that certain connective structures in your skin composed of collagen, dermal papillae, become less pronounced and weaker as collagen levels fall. When vitamin C is topically applied, the number and density of dermal papillae have been shown to drastically increase.
Vitamin C Has Been Used Since Ancient Times For Healthy Skin.
Using vitamin C to improve the look of your skin is not a new concept, and has been done throughout history. In Tibet during the Tang Dynasty (618-907 AD), women who wanted to fight the signs of premature aging, in the form of wrinkles and lines, would rub sea buckthorn on their face and hands. The golden-orange berries of the sea buckhorn plant yield a deep colored oil that is a major source of vitamin C. Rose hips, the berry-like fruits that are left behind after a rose dies, contain more vitamin C—about 20 times that of an orange. Centuries ago, Native Americans made a vitamin C-rich paste out of rose petals to moisten and heal their skin. Did you know that cold cream was originally known as “ointment of rose water” because of its two main ingredients: rose oil and rose water?
So, What Is Vitamin C Serum?
So we know that vitamin C can help re-stimulate collagen production, and higher collagen levels are associated with healthier looking skin. But, what exactly is vitamin C serum? This product is topical, meaning that it is directly applied on to the skin, in the form of a liquid, a few drops at a time. Serums are predominantly composed of a derivative of Vitamin C (such as L-Ascorbic acid), vitamin E, and other moisturizers to help keep your skin and face looking as best as possible.
Here is a list of the benefits of using vitamin C serum products:
Offers sun protection from harmful or over-exposure to UV radiation
According to Dr. Oz, vitamin C serums offer some protection against UV rays. However, vitamin C is a weak sunscreen and should be used in conjunction with a traditional SPF product.
You found out that collagen
is important for vibrant skin, and collagen production deteriorates with age. You also saw that Vitamin C products were shown to stimulate collagen production. Check the above sections for more detailed information about this!
Makes the skin brighter, stronger, and firmer
As vitamin C stimulates collagen production, the toughness and strength of your skin increase. Also, topical vitamin C serums can reverse hyper-pigmentation or discoloration of the skin, by acting as natural bleaching agents.
Aids in making the skin more prepared at repairing itself
With more collagen readily available, the skin is more adept at repairing itself when cut. Vitamin C serums can also be used locally on cuts to drastically increase the speed of healing.
Reduces and prevents signs of aging, such as wrinkles, blotchiness, dark circles under the eyes, and lines
Vitamin C is also known to repair some signs of sun damage, such as discoloration and fine lines. The antioxidant properties of vitamin C serums are responsible for reversing signs of aging, such as age spots and dark circles under the eye.
Guards skin from free-radical (or anti-oxidant) damage, and from environmental factors such as pollution and cigarette smoke.
Free radicals are molecules that damage collagen and cause skin dryness and signs of aging. Research has shown that ascorbic acid 2-phosphate, a derivative of vitamin C, not only neutralizes free radicals, but also reverses DNA damage.
Reverses effects of chlorine exposure
Other than general anti-oxidants, chlorine is of particular importance to mention because it is present in the water that you drink, traditional and public pools, and as well in the air you breathe due to the various sources of pollution. If you inhale high concentrations of chlorine or do so for long periods of time, long-term breathing complications may result. Complications can be seen in those who develop severe health problems such as fluid in the lungs (pulmonary edema) following prolonged exposure.
Reverses damage from behavioral factors, such as too little sleep and alcohol consumption
As you get older and inherit more responsibilities there never seems to be enough time to do everything you need to, right? So, you sleep less, and drink more to de-stress on the weekends. These two vices impact your health by making you less alert and more stressed. This affects your body and the youthful appearance of your face and skin. Vitamin C serums can help reverse the damage done by these factors.
Helps the skin retain moisture
Dry skin cuts easier and is far less inviting to touch. Vitamin C serums can help the skin retain its natural moisture and lock in the soft feeling everybody desires so much.
Calms any skin inflammation
Rashes or burns can be treated with serums to promote and speed healing.
Stabilizes and promotes Vitamin E production, which is also another factor in healthy skin appearance
Almost as a 2-for-1 deal, Vitamin C serums help speed up the production of Vitamin E, which has been shown to not only improve your skin’s appearance, but also boost your immune system, prevent stroke-induced brain damage, and protect against certain skin cancers. Talk about a powerhouse!
Provides continual skin nourishment
After application, the vitamin C is immediately absorbed (even if you wash it off right away) and stays in your skin until it gets used, for around 3 days. If you continually apply the product, that will be a never-ending source of nourishment for your skin!
Vitamin C serum prohibits oxidation or free radicals from damaging that which is alive, namely, your skin and face!
As someone who loves Vitamin C Serums, I can tell you this is a nice quality brand. I have used other products of theirs, which were amazing and work great with this serum, so I can honestly say using this brand is rather beneficial and a quality one at that! The serum is easy to use and only needs a small amount to get my face covered. You don`t need to put on a lot to get results either. The serum is light weight, fast drying, and has no sticky feel to it.
I have been using it for about a week now in combination with Albumin & Hyaluronic Acid Serum
and the Retinol, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Beta Carotene, CoQ-10 Oil-Based Antioxidant serum
. I found that my skin has been softer, clearer, and fine lines have diminished since using all 3 of these serums together. I honestly can`t tell you how one does by itself, because I`m a fan of the results of combining them, however, from my past experience, I can tell you that Vitamin C serum in general, alone, is an amazing moisturizer. Needless to say, my experience with this brand has been absolutely wonderful and refreshing. My skin feels amazing, but more importantly, it looks amazing. I would definitely recommend this brand as I see continued results!