If you want to de-clutter your cabinet and simplify your beauty routine, argan oil can become your go-to beauty elixir from head-to-toe. It's chockfull of essential fatty acids, anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals that promote your overall health by moisturizing, softening as well as protecting your face and hair from sun damage - without harmful toxins and Parabens.
I was familiar with the hair brand "Moroccan Oil" but knew it was filled with silicone, artificial preservatives, dyes, fragrance and contained little actual argan oil. Argan oil is produced from an Argan nut coming from Argan tree, which only grows in Southwestern Morocco. Local Berber women work in fair-trade cooperatives where they hand-crack the argan nuts in between two stones, a technique they've used for centuries. Instead of being put through a machine, the raw argan kernels are hand-extracted from the hard shell, hand-ground in a stone grinder, hand-kneaded for hours and first cold-pressed into the oil. It takes one woman three days to make just one liter of oil. This is why argan oil is so valuable. In 1998, the Argan forest in Morocco was designated a UNESCO protected biosphere so argan oil is sustainable.
Below are 10 ways to use organic argan oil in your daily life:
1. Face Moisturizer - After cleansing morning and/or night, massage a few drops of argan oil directly onto your face and neck. Since argan is considered a dry oil, it absorbs quickly and is not greasy. If you want to use it as a serum, apply your night cream after the oil absorbs into the skin.
2. Hydrating Toner - Add a few drops of argan oil to your favorite facial toner to hydrate and tone simultaneously. You can make your own toner by adding a few drops of argan oil to Rose or Orange Blossom water.
3. Rejuvenating & Brightening Face Mask - Add a few drops of argan oil to your store-bought mask. Alternatively, make your own mask by mixing 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 teaspoons of Greek-style yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey and 3 drops of argan oil in a bowl. Apply on a clean, dry face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
4. Exfoliating Lip Scrub and Moisturizer - To smooth and moisturize your lips, add a few drops of argan oil and vanilla extract to fine brown sugar. Lightly massage into lips using circular motion and rinse off.
5. Face Glow - Add a drop or two of argan oil to your foundation, bronzer or tinted moisturizer for a dewy, luminous glow.
6. Leave-on Conditioner - After the shower, while your hair is still wet, add a few drops of argan oil to your hair, ends and scalp to hydrate and moisturize. It's especially nourishing if your hair is dry from daily use of a blow dryer, straight-iron or curling iron.
7. Hair Styling Shine - When your hair is dry, use as a styling product by adding a few drops of argan oil to the palms of your hand. Rub your hands together and run your fingers through your hair to create shine and tame frizz. You only need a small amount. It lasts a long time.
8. Overnight Hair Treatment - Massage a generous amount of argan oil into your hair, ends and scalp. Wrap your hair and leave it on while you sleep. In the morning, wash your hair and you'll have luminous, soft locks.
9. Cuticle and Heel Softener - Massage a few drops of argan oil into your cuticles to soften, moisturize and encourage nail growth. Use as an overnight treatment to nourish cracked heels by working a good amount into your feet and toes. Cover with socks and wake up to supple feet.
10. Body and Bath Oil - Add a few drops of argan oil directly onto your skin, into the bath or body lotion. It's safe to use on a baby and to help minimize stretch marks on a pregnant belly too.
I decided to give the Argan Alchemy Oil - 100% Pure Unrefined Natural & Cold Pressed from Morocco
a try for myself to see just how great it was. First of all, I love the attractive packaging and bottle. It`s just the first thing that caught my eye. I didn`t care for the part where you squeeze the dropper - it seemed maybe a bit leaky when I was taking the packaging off. Defective or just the bottle itself, I`m not sure. It wasn`t a big deal though since there was no leak anywhere else so it must have been something during the shipping. I love that it`s 100% natural and organic, making it a safe product to use in the beauty regimens I listed above.
I`m still rather new to learning about and using Argan Oil, but I can honestly say this is high quality when compared to other brands. There`s no smell and it honestly does a great job. I`ve been using mine directly on my body to help reduce the stretchmarks I received during my pregnancy with my now 6.5 month son, Jace and have noticed the viability of them has greatly reduced. Maybe it`s just been long enough they`re starting to fade on their own, but I`m thinking the oil is what sped things up a bit. I felt like after about a week is when I saw the difference. Needless to say, I am pleased with the product and pleased with the results I have been getting from using the Argan Alchemy Oil. I could definitely recommend giving it a try if you haven`t already!
PLEASE NOTE: Amazon Pricing is subject to change at ANY time. The price mentioned in this post was accurate at the time of posting. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Did you know you can GET FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING WITH AMAZON PRIME?!
Check out some Prime member-exclusive benefits:
You can also score free shipping on most Subscribe & Save orders – including qualifying Add-On items
that have the subscribe option. See Today's Daily Deals on Amazon here
. You can cancel your subscriptions easily in your Amazon account without being penalized. That means if you’re just wanting to snag a deal for the low price but don’t want the subscription, you can cancel it right after you receive your order.
Also, you can unlock extra savings on select
subscriptions by clipping coupons
, and you can save an extra 15% instead of the regular 5% off all items in your subscription whenever you add 5 or more eligible items to your monthly subscriptions. Check out the current Check out more Amazon deals here
NOTE: In advance of each subscribe & save delivery, Amazon will send you a reminder email showing the item price and any applicable discount for your upcoming delivery. The price of the item may decrease or increase from delivery to delivery, depending on the Amazon.com price of the item at the time they process your order.
Psst... Want to earn FREE gift cards to use towards your Amazon purchases? Join me on DealSpotr (share deals and coupons to earn points for Amazon) and Swagbucks (get paid to search and redeem for prizes and gift cards).
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.