This post first appeared on Piping Rock. All content is theirs.
The best part about the fall is the fact you can excessively drink apple cider and excuse it for its seasonality. Or, at least that’s what we tell ourselves.
If you’ve been looking for a way to warm your home with the scents of the season while creating something delicious…we have just the thing for you: Crock Pot Apple Cider. The whole thing is made with spices like cinnamon and fresh oranges. Being that it takes a few hours to heat up, and thoroughly mix together, your home gets an added burst of aromas.
This recipe is sure to be not only a hit the first time around, but the second…third…or fourth.
- 1 bottle Apple Cider
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks 2 3/4 Inches Long Organic
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Whole Cloves
- 1 Orange, Sliced
- First, pour the apple cider into your crock pot along with the orange slices
- Then add the cinnamon sticks, allspice, whole cloves wrapped in a strainer bag
- Mix in brown sugar
- Let sit for one to two hours to blend the ingredients
- Pour into cups and enjoy!