This post first appeared on Piping Rock. All content is theirs.
Don't throw out your browning bananas, breathe life into them with this recipe!
We've all been there: Buy a bundle of bananas at the grocery store on Sunday, come Thursday, they are browning. It's not a pleasant situation to fall into. Yet, nature doesn't care for our wallets. That means, it's time to get creative and savor the last few drops of life that the bananas have in them.
How to do this? By making Homemade Banana Muffins. Yep, brown bananas may not taste great on their own, but when added into a baking recipe, they add a natural source of sweetener. That's a perk that we can get behind.
The total cost for a recipe like this shouldn't set you back more than a few dollars, since many ingredients are commonplace in the kitchen pantry. After all, flour, baking soda, and oil are staples, right? That means all you need to buy are muffin liners which are about $3 give or take a couple cents. Cha-Ching!
Let's hop to the recipe already.
What You'll Need
- 3 Large Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar (can use granulated)
- 1 Egg
- Tsp. Baking Soda
- Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1.5 Cups Flour (your preference)
- 1/3 Cup 100% Organic Ghee
- Pinch of Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
How To Make
- First, mash up the bananas in a small bowl.
- Add in sugar and the egg (beaten)
- Melt the ghee, mix in to the sugar-egg-banana mix
- Add all the dry ingredients
- Mix together and then spoon into muffin liners
- Bake on 400 for 12 minutes or until brown
There you have it! A breakfast recipe made for champions and banana saviors. Hope you enjoy it. Let us know below how yours turn out!