This post first appeared on Piping Rock. All content is theirs.
Chili in the summer may seem like your last go-to recipe; however, today’s recipe is a bit lighter and less spicy.
What’s not to enjoy about a bowl of chili? It is bursting with flavor, opens up your passageways with a spicy kick, and is relatively easy to cook. Not only that, there are many recipe variations on this classic dish.
One of those variations is a white chili. Contrary to common thought, chili doesn’t have to be made with beef. This chili proves that. It’s made with chicken.
The spiciness for this recipe is from a fusion of ingredients: green chilies and their liquids, cumin, oregano, and chili powder. The result is a light chili, packed with a little punch, and perfect to have a breezy summer evening.
You’re probably ready for the Paleo Chili recipe by now, right? Well, here it is!:
DELICIOUS SUMMER PALEO CHILI
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Chicken stock, 4 Cups
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Medium onion diced
- 15-ounce can white beans, drained
- 4-ounce can diced green chilis, with liquids from chilis
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 fl oz (473 mL) Bottle
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano Leaf Cut & Sifted Organic, 1 lb (454 g) Bag
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns Whole Organic, 1 lb (454 g) Bag
- In a 4 quart pot, over medium heat, add the chicken stock, coconut oil, and chicken -- cook for 15 minutes. Then, shred.
- After, place the shredded chicken back into the pot. Add in the garlic, beans, green chilies, pepper, salt, chili powder, and cumin.
- Stir until combined.
- Simme for 5 minutes, then serve!