This post first appeared on Piping Rock. All content is theirs.
Just when you thought carrot cake may take too much effort to make, you found this recipe.
What’s better than chocolate cake? Carrot cake. Okay, maybe that isn’t a vote casted in fairness, but we bet many of you can agree carrot cake is yummy.
However, the traditional recipe which includes chopping up fresh carrots, can seem a bit intimidating.
Be reassured: it is not.
Today we bring to you an easy carrot cake that will take under an hour to make and under 2 minutes to eat in its entirety. (We’re only partially kidding about the latter…).
So, what’s the deal with this recipe aside from it being tasty, you wonder? It’s healthier than some other ones online thanks to us substituting things out like coconut oil in place of vegetable oil, and adding in some wellness-approved spices like turmeric. It’s also simple, which is always a perk for anyone who is time starved.
We’ll stop ranting and raving about this ultra moist, mighty delicious cake, and cut to the chase already.
Recipe: 14 Karat Easy Carrot Cake
What You’ll Need:
- 3/4 c whole wheat flour and 3/4 c white flour
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- .5 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp. cinnamon
- .5 tsp. nutmeg and .5 tsp turmeric
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of flax seeds and 3 tablespoons of water, let sit 15 minutes)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 c Chobani plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c whole milk
- 1 c fresh, chopped carrots
- 2 large bowls
- Square Baking Pan (8 x 8)
How You’ll Make Them:
preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients from flour to salt.
- In another large bowl, mix together all the ingredients from coconut oil to honey. Then, add in the 1 cup of carrots.
- Slowly pour the flour mix into the liquid mix. Add in the milk at the same time to keep things moist.
- Place oiled aluminum foil in the tray.
- Gently pour the batter in, evenly distributing it.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until it passes the fork test.
- Let cool
…Now For The Frosting:
- Simply combine in a bowl the following: 1 cup Ricotta, 3 tbsp. Chobani yogurt, 3 tbsp. honey, and 1 tsp.