This post first appeared on Piping Rock. All content is theirs.
Ever in the mood for a good, steak sandwich but then rethink it because of calories and sodium content? Sure, we’ve been there, too.
That’s why today we have a recipe that the steak-lover inside you will be fond of: a healthier steak and cheese sandwich! Think rich, juicy steak marinated in ripe onions, mushrooms, all topped with creamy, melted cheese, and served on a crispy baguette. Seems like it would scream: Run away, you’re on a diet! But, instead, it’s actually much better than some other dining options you’ll find on your list of options.
This recipe, which we derived from SkinnyTaste, only has 2.68 grams of sodium, and 350.4 calories per serving. The best part? The servings are generous and filling. So, you won’t feel like you’re missing out on your favorite restaurant's dish.
Mouthwatering enough already? Let’s make this.
- - Rub the steaks with oil, seasoning, and place on skillet to cook until to your liking.
- - Add the mushrooms and onions to the same skillet to grab the seasoning of the steak, and cook thoroughly.
- - Set your oven to 425 degrees.
- - Place the steak/mushroom mix on each of the four pieces of bread.
- - Top with one slice of cheese each
- - Cook for about 3 minutes, enjoy!