What's in a Store-Bought Pumpkin Spice Latte?
Choosing a Homemade Alternative:
- In a small saucepan, heat the Pumpkin Puree, Maple Syrup, Vanilla Extract & Spices over medium-low heat. Stir Constantly to combine and prevent burning. Warm for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add the Soy Milk. Whisk for 3-4 minutes, until heated throughout. Don't boil.
- Place mixture in a blender. Blend on high until smooth. (This will make the milk frothy too.)
- Add hot Espresso to each mug and pour Pumpkin Spice mixture on top.
- Top with vegan Whipped Cream, a sprinkle of Cinnamon and a garnish with Cinnamon Sticks. Enjoy!
- If you don't have an espresso maker, you can make a latte with 1/3-1/2 cup of strong coffee.
- If you don't have Pumpkin Spice Pie, substitute with 1/2 Tsp of Cinnamon and a pinch each of Nutmeg, Ground Ginger and Ground Cloves.
- Soy milk is the best way to get your espresso frothy. However, you can substitute with other alternative Vegan Sources.
Also Read: Delicious Pumpkin Pie Truffles Recipe