This post first appeared on Piping Rock. All content is theirs.
Imagine being able to eat cookies, and not immediately regretting your decision after?
It’s not an exaggeration to say that when you reach for a box of cookies, you’re most likely going to eat more than the suggested serving size. Think about the last time you promised yourself just one Oreo, only to be four Oreos deep, and questioning life. It happens. We know this.
That’s why we’ve decided to share a solution to the ubiquitous problem at hand: Fat Bombs.
While fat bombs sound more like something you’d call an intense sports move, they are delicious alternatives to traditional sweets.
So, what are they?
Fat Bombs are simply a balance between three ingredients: good-for-you fats, flavoring, and texture. The fats can be sourced from anything like coconut oil to ghee; flavoring can be chocolate chips to goji berries; texture can be shredded coconut to cocoa powder. The process, no matter the recipe, stays the same. You just pulse all the ingredients in a food processor, creating a slightly sticky substance, roll that into balls, refrigerate, and then roll through a texture of choice.
The result of this simple step-by-step process is calorie-dense, specialty diet approved snacks. Perfect to throw in a bag and eat when you’re feeling an afternoon slump coming on or eat pre-workout for an extra boost of energy.
Now, for the good stuff…the recipe.
- 1 cup coconut shreds
- 1/2 c. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 fl oz (473 mL) Bottle, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 2 tbsp Cacao Nibs, 1 lb (454 g) Bag
- 1/2 cup Cashews Roasted Whole Unsalted, 1 lb (454 g) Bag
- 1/2 cup Almonds Raw Unsalted, 1 lb (454 g) Bag
- Simply process all the ingredients in a food processor or blender, until it becomes a uniform texture.
- Then, roll into balls, roll into leftover coconut shreds, and eat them right away...or place in freezer to keep fresh!
Chocolate Chip Fat Bombs