This post first appeared on Piping Rock. All content is theirs.
Bomb pops: A classic treat from childhood summers. These are a grown-up version with no side of guilt.
Remember the feeling when school let out for the summer? The rush of excitement you’d get knowing that for 2.5 months your brain could take a break, and fun could settle in. Well, while those days are long gone for adults, there is one way to channel that nostalgia: Bomb Pop Day.
The red, white, and blue pops that are layered with flavors as refreshing as they are fun. The traditional layers are: lime, cherry, and blue raspberry. But today, our take on these pops will be the following: lime, cherry, and blueberry (since blue raspberry is too artificial for our liking!).
The best part? It’s free from sugary additives and chemicals. This means that you and your friends/family can enjoy the yumminess worry-free.
Are you ready for these bomb-o-rific pops? (pun-intended).
BETTER BOMB POP DAY
Let’s make this day even better than the past years. Bright, bold, and cheery.
What You Need:
- ⅔ cup strawberry puree
- ⅔ cup plain Greek yogurt or for dairy free, use ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 limes, juiced
- ⅔ cup blueberries, slightly mashed or pureed
- 3 tablespoons Xylitol
- Wooden popsicle sticks
How To Make:
- First, mix strawberries with 1 Tbsp sweetener.
- Add this mix to the bottom of your popsicle mold and freeze until solid
- Once frozen, blend Greek yogurt with lime juice and 1 Tbsp sweetener.
- Add the yogurt-lime blend to the popsicle mold as a second layer, freeze until solid. *For this step, add in your wooden popsicle sticks to the mold*
- Smash the blueberries and add the last 1 Tbsp of sweetener.
- Put on top of the yogurt-lime layer and freeze until solid.
PRO TIP: Don’t want to deal with juicing a lime and blending it with greek yogurt? Grab Chobani’s Lime Yogurt and add a few scoops to freeze.