When the holidays roll around, there's nothing more special than a homemade creation, something sweet that captures the essence of this joyous time.
This year, break off a piece of delicious peppermint bark! It's perfect for chocolate lovers and a wonderful addition to any holiday gathering. Best of all, it only takes 5 steps to make.
How to Make
1. Place Mini Candy Canes together in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into little pieces. Transfer candy cane pieces into a medium-sized bowl.
2. In a separate medium bowl, melt chocolate chips and stir peppermint extract into melted chocolate. Pour onto parchment paper and set on a baking sheet. Smooth with a spatula until the mixture is even and flat. Freeze for 5 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, melt white chocolate chips and layer the mixture over the first layer of the chocolate, evening, and flattening with a spatula.
4. Sprinkle crushed candy cane pieces over the white chocolate and freeze for at least an hour or until solid.
5. Remove the bark from the freezer and break into pieces or preferred shape. Best enjoyed with hot tea, coffee, or hot chocolate for a rich holiday treat!
We love this recipe because it's simple, delicious, and is aesthetically pleasing for any holiday setting. Please share with us your peppermint bark creation and other holiday recipes in the comments below!