Back in 2011 I wrote a post about Spokeo and how to remove yourself. It has since been changed a bit so I wanted to inform everyone and encourage everyone who doesn`t want their business all over the place to follow these steps to get removed immediately.
Spokeo is a web site where you can search any name and get all sorts of information such as web address, phone number, family information, even photos of your home. A lot of the information is provided for free. This is such an invasion of privacy. A lot of my info was out dated, luckily, but it still is my privacy. The scarier part? It`s completely legal! I went ahead and removed my info from the site and Iâ€™d advise you do the same for yourself as well.
Honestly, I wish this site would just be removed as well as all others like it but the best I can do is inform everyone so you can get removed.
What you do to remove yourself (photos included):
1) Go toÂ Spokeoâ€™s website
2) Search your name, email, phone number, etc
3) Listings will come up for your search results (there may just be one listing or several depending on how popular your name is)
4) Click on the listing that is YOUR name
(or associated with you) â€” You see all your information pop up in a box on the map area
5) Click â€œSee it Allâ€
and you will be brought to this page: (a purchase sort of page to get all the info)
6) Copy the URL of that page that you were just brought to
7) Now go back to the homepage of Spokeo
and scroll all the way to the bottom and click "privacy"
8) Once on the privacy page PASTE the URL,
write in your email address and type the verification code provided.
9) Check your email & click the link provided
10) Your information for that search has now been removed from that web site. â€“Repeat all these steps for EACH search you want to be removed from