Ainsworth Pet Nutrition of Meadville, PA is voluntarily recalling five varieties of Rachael Rayâ„¢ NutrishÂ® wet cat food. The following cat foods are included in the recall:
Single Pack Unit:
- PAW LICKIN CHICKEN AND LIVER (2.8 oz) 071190007032 AUG 17 2015
- OCEAN FISH AND CHICKEN CATCH-IATORIE (2.8 oz) 071190007049 DEC 1 2016
- OCEAN FISH A LICIOUS (2.8 oz) 071190007056 DEC 1 2016
- TUNA PURRFECTION (2.8 oz) 071190007063 DEC 1 2016
- LIP SMACKIN SARDINE AND MACKEREL (2.8 oz) 071190007070 DEC 1 2016
Multi Packs â€“ 12 Count:
- CHICKEN LOVERS VARIETY PACK (12 count pack of 2.8 oz cups) 071190007773 DEC 1 2016
- OCEAN LOVERS VARIETY PACK (12 count pack of 2.8 oz cups) 071190007780 DEC 1 2016
The recall of these products is due to potentially elevated levels of vitamin D.
Symptoms of excessive vitamin D consumption usually develop within 12-36 hours after ingestion and may include vomiting or diarrhea, increased thirst and urination, and muscle tremors or seizures. Any cat experiencing these symptoms should be taken to a veterinarian immediately.
The recalled products are distributed nationwide. No other Rachael Rayâ„¢ NutrishÂ® products are affected by this recall.
Click here to read the FDAâ€™s report: Ainsworth Pet Nutrition Voluntarily Recalls Five NutrishÂ® Wet Cat Food Varieties For Potentially Elevated Vitamin D Levels