This was a post made by One 2 Try
that I thought I`d pass along. It`s about a web site where you can search any name and get all sorts of information such as web address, phone number, family information, even photos of your home. A lot of the information is provided for free. This is such an invasion of privacy. A lot of my info was out dated, luckily, but it still is my privacy. I went ahead and removed my info from the site and I`d advise you do the same for yourself as well.
The web site is called Spokeo
. Honestly, I wish this site would just be removed as well as all others like it but the best I can do is inform everyone so you can get removed.
What you do to remove yourself (photos included):
1) Go to Spokeo`s website
2) Search your name, email, phone number, etc (do it EVERY way to remove yourself from every way possible-- even after removing myself from the email search you could still find me by my name search)
3) Listings will come up for your search results (there may just be one listing or several depending on how popular your name is)
4) Click on the listing that is YOUR name (or associated with you) -- You see all your information pop up in a box on the map area
5) Click "See it All" and you will be brought to this page: (a purchase sort of page to get all the info)
6) Copy the URL of that page that you were just brought to
7) Now scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and in tiny writing you will see a link called "Privacy". Click on it
8) Once on the privacy page PASTE the URL, write in your email address and type the verification code provided.
9) Check your email & click the link provided
10) Your information for that search has now been removed from that web site. --Repeat all these steps for EACH search you want to be removed from
Feel free to share any other sites and tips you may have as well. Lets make sure our privacy stays ours!