Thia post first appeared on Piping Rock. All content is theirs.
Can you believe it’s only a week until Thanksgiving? Are you ready for it? We can’t wait to eat all the good food and spend time with our families.
Speaking of families, today we are dedicating the third–and final–post in our #GotGratitude series to loved ones. This post is for everyone that listens, and cares. It’s easy to take advantage of this group of people since their support always comes so easily. However, it’s important to make sure they feel accounted for and cared about in return. That’s why the focus on this post is building gratitude towards them.
Series 3: Gratitude Towards Loved Ones
This week, our mission is to help you focus on being the best spouse/friend you can be through gratitude. After all, when was the last time you told someone how much they mean, or said thank you (for no material reason)?
- When you find yourself talking about your problems, and you see your loved one intently listening, take the chance to tell them thank you after. We often forget that they aren’t under obligation to hear us talk, but rather do it out of care for us.
- Write down three things that you are grateful for about your best friend, partner, or child and share it with them. Doing this will not only bring you two closer, but reinstate what you cherish about them the most. What better a way to compliment than that, right?
- Go out of your way to support them. If you usually pass up on plans, make it a point to designate time to be there for them. If it’s a friend’s party…go.
- Make time to listen to them. Ask about their day, if they are having any problems, or facing any joys. Instead of talking about things that are happening in your life, ask about theirs, and keep to that theme.
- Resist the urge to tell them they are wrong. Try to understand their P.O.V. even if this is hard to do.
…And we’re always fans of giving a small gift to show care. Our 6 Bottle Essential Oil Starter Kit is a great option!
That’s the end of our #GotGratitude Series! We hope you all enjoyed the three posts and have found new ways to incorporate gratitude into your lives following up to Thanksgiving!