Con Edison is offering a free smart thermostat that allows you to control the temperature in your home, religious institution or business,Â even when you`re not there.
This thermostat will allow you to adjust the temperature manually or remotely via the internet or your smartphone while providing an efficient use of energy when programming features are used.
Some Real Benefits
- Manage your energy usage to fit your lifestyle
- Program your thermostat using the internet or your smartphone
- Help to ensure reliable power to you and your community
- Help reduce air pollution
- Delay need for costly power delivery system upgrades
- You get a free Carrier smart thermostat (valued at $300) and we`ll handle the installations, at no cost to you
- Residential or residential religious-rate customers will receive a thank you gift of $25 after the thermostat is installed
- Business customers will receive a gift of $50
Smart thermostats allow you to adjust settings using the internet or your smartphone, from anywhere, and are equipped with programming features that maximize the efficiency of your central air-conditioning system. Smart thermostats also allow Con Edison to remotely adjust the amount of electricity your central air-conditioning system uses to help reduce the demand for energy. A signal similar to a pager and/or beeper will communicate with your central air-conditioning thermostat and will cycle your unit`s compressor on and off to reduce demand on our electric system. Your fan will continue to operate and circulate air. You can always override the adjustment if necessary.How the Program Works
The Con Edison Central Air Conditioning Program will be called when Con Edison needs to reduce electricity use.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Con Edison residential and religious-rate customers with central air-conditioning
- Con Edison business customers with central air-conditioning and a peak demand of less than 100kW