The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) has implemented two rate adjustments in 2016. The first rate adjustment took place on Sunday, January 17, 2016 where prices of several USPS shipping products and services were impacted. The second rate adjustment occurred on Sunday, April 10, 2016 that focused on price reductions
for USPS mailing services.
- First Class Mail Letters (1 oz.) rates will decrease from $0.49 to $0.47 when purchased at the Post Office. Each additional ounce will cost $0.21.
- The discounted “Metered Mail” category for First Class Mail Letters (1 oz.), which includes online postage providers and postage meters, will decrease from $0.485 to $0.465. Each additional ounce will cost $0.21.
- First Class Mail Flats (1 oz.) will decrease from $0.98 to $0.94. Each additional ounce will cost $0.21.
- Postcard rates will decrease from $0.35 to $0.34.
- First Class Mail — Parcels available at the Post Office will also see a decrease and rates will start at $2.45 (previously $2.54) for a 1 oz. package.
- Media Mail rates will start at $2.61 instead of $2.72 for a 1 lb. package.
For your convenience, Stamps.com
will be updated automatically to reflect the new rates. Haven`t heard of Stamps.com? With Stamps.com you can print your own stamps and shipping labels in seconds.
Here`s How it works:
- Instantly buy and calculate exact postage.
- Print postage on labels, envelopes or plain paper.
- Affix postage and mail anywhere in the world.
- Open a Stamps.com account
Simply click the “Get Started” button to sign up for Stamps.com and get access to all the services of the Post Office right from your computer 24/7. Even get discounts you can’t get at the Post Office!
- Try it out with $5 free postage
We’ll give you 4 weeks to see if Stamps.com is right for you. We’re so confident you’ll like Stamps.com, we’ll also throw in $5 free postage to use during those 4 weeks.
- Don’t pay unless you stay
Call 1-855-608-2677 to cancel your account within the 4-week trial period and pay no service fee. The monthly fee is just $15.99, including the first month. Your service will continue uninterrupted as long as you do not cancel.
FILED UNDER :
USPS price decrease!!