This post first appeared on Dollar Tree. All content is theirs.
Your guests will have to do a double take when they find out that this red, white, and blue wreath is made from ordinary paper cups! This DIY wreath is the perfect craft for your upcoming patriotic parties and can be made for just a few dollars… in just a few minutes. Stock up on cups for your party drinks and cups for this craft for just $1 per pack at Dollar Tree. You’re going to love how simple this decoration is to make!
Shared by Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club®! Want more ideas like this? Join the Club >
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Open your cup packages. If you are using multiple colors, determine the order you want to put them in and stack them that way, with the seams all facing the same direction. For example, you can alternate white and blue as shown.
- Grab a cup from your stack and add a line of glue on one side of the inside. Hold the cup sideways and insert the second cup into the first cup about halfway, holding it together with the glue.
- Repeat step two with each additional cup and secure in place with glue, until eventually, you reach the last cup. Connect the last cup to the first cup using glue in the same manner.
- Reapply glue as needed to secure your wreath. Let the wreath set for one hour or until the glue dries.
- Tie a pretty bow with the red ribbon to the top of your wreath and tie an extra loop for hanging. Display on the door for everyone to see as they enter!
Fun Tip: Get creative with your colors and recreate this craft for other events and seasons. Make one for a graduation party in your school colors, for Father’s Day in your dad’s favorite team colors, or for a baby shower in light pink or blue!