This book is perfect for the first-time camper or the inexperienced camper looking for ideas on how to stay safe while enjoying themselves.
This book is also perfect for the experienced camper looking to enhance their camping trips with fun games and tasty treats.
The following topics are covered in The Family Camping Guide:
- How to start off with small trips and build on them as you gain experience.
- Backyard camping: How to go camping without leaving the comforts of home too far behind.
- How to successfully plan a camping trip.
- Picking a destination and a good campsite.
- Choosing a campsite in an undeveloped area.
- How to make a list of essential supplies.
- Essential camping gear: How to save money when buying the gear you need.
- How to choose the right tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad and ice chest.
- First aid: What you need in your first aid kit.
- Dress for success: The art of layering.
- Family camping safety (includes beating the heat, avoiding campsite hazards and setting clear boundaries for the younger campers in your group).
- The silent killer that`s in almost every campsite.
- How to have fun hiking, hitting the water and playing a number of sports and recreational games.
- 7 card games the entire family will love.
- Cooking while camping.
- How to light a campfire.
- Campfire fun.
In addition to helping you survive a camping trip while having fun doing it, this handy book comes with 17 tasty recipes covering everything from breakfast to dinner to dessert.
The following recipes are included:
- Bacon, Egg, Sausage and Potato Omelet
- Balsamic Barbecued Steak
- BBQ Beef Ribs
- BBQ Chicken
- Beans and Franks
- Breakfast Burritos
- Campfire Baked Potato (baked in the campfire!)
- Clam Chowder
- Dutch Oven Baked Beans
- Dutch Oven Cinnamon Caramel Monkey Bread
- Dutch Oven Chili Macaroni
- Dutch Oven Fruit Pie
- Eggs in a Nest
- Fire-Roasted Cinnamon Apple
- Five Alarm Dutch Oven Chili
- Killer Kabobs
- Quick and Easy Pancakes
- Traditional Banana Boat