A valuable resource for the beginning prepper that covers everything you need to know to get started raising your own backyard chickens. Written by the author of the best-selling book, "Guns For Preppers" and the voice behind the Sobert Gummer "Survival Prepping For Hard Times" blog.
- Why You Should Raise Backyard Chickens for a SHTF scenario
- How Chickens Fit Into Your Backyard Food Production System
- "Should You Buy Pullets or Baby Chicks?"
- The Nine Chicken Breeds Every Prepper Should Consider
- The Best Type Of Chicken Coop and Chicken Run You Should Get
- Chickens For Eggs Vs. Chickens For Meat
- EMP-proof Chickens For Cold Weather Without Electricity
- Hardware Cloth vs. Chicken Wire
- What To Use For A Brooder Box
- Resources: Everything You Need!
Sleep Well Knowing You Can Feed Your Family
This 36-page booklet provides is a fantastic beginner's guide to getting started with backyard chickens. It's something that every prepper should know, whether they live in a city, a suburb or out in the country. You can pay $10-$30 for a thicker book containing lots of fluff material you don't need. Are you really going to become a commercial hatchery, run a chicken slaughterhouse, or compete in chicken pageants? Stick to the essentials and pay a lot less.