Here's another new homemade activity I enjoyed today thanks to Piping Rock! Piping Rock is full of awesome health and wellness products from supplements to essential oils, to skincare. Their products are not only high quality and safe to use, but they're affordable! That's why I love them so much. I've been using their essential oils for over a year now and recently started trying out making homemade products here and there since I'm not a stay at home mom and have the time to do such things. Anyway, let's get started making our soy soaps! These are super easy and smell oh so good! They make for great gifts or just to simply make your own soap for bragging rights. Here we go! Here's what you'll need:
- Fragrance Oil of choice - I was sent these fragrances to try out myself
- Soap Base of choice
- Mold of your choice (to shape your soap)
- Double Boiler
Here's how to make your soap:
- First step is to shred your soap base. I used a large knife and cut thin slices. Remember, larger sized pieces will take longer to melt.
- Using your double boiler, melt the soap base until it's in a liquid form.
- Once liquefied, remove from heat and immediately stir in your fragrance oil. The amount you use is up to you and how strong you want your soap to smell.
- Immediately after mixing everything together, pour your mixture into the mold and allow time to cool
- Within 30 minutes to an hour your soaps should be solid and ready to use depending on how big you make them.
For my soaps, I used some heart molds (perfect for Valentine's Day) and some Lego silicon molds I had gotten and hadn't quite found a good use for. My soaps were solid pretty quickly, but best of all the fragrance was busting through! For my soaps I used my Lotus fragrance oil and just wow! It has a lovely floral scent to it. The soy soaps left my hands super soft. So between the super soft hands from the soy soap and smelling good because of the fragrance oil... I was in heaven with these! Not to mention my 7 year old daughter loved having some Lego men for her soap! If you're looking to make your own handmade soaps, check out the essential oils and fragrance oils on Piping Rock. They're great quality and definitely work very well! ►► Be sure to check out our tutorial on how to make homemade soy candles!