Poop Education - Top Five Reasons to Improve Health by Easily, Efficiently and Successfully Emptying Your Colon with a Squatty Potty
by Kristin Struble, MD, FAAP
Author “How to be a Poop Detective”
To conclude, the top five reasons to improve health by emptying your colon easily and successfully with a Squatty Potty:
- An empty colon allows for better ability to empty your bladder. Yay! It makes both #1 and #2 easier.
- An empty colon means less chance of having a bellyache. Chronic abdominal is so commonly caused by a full and constipated colon. It is one of the most common reasons for kids and adults to seek medical care.
- An empty colon eliminates the worry of having to hold your poop if you have fear of going in public. This is a real problem for many kids going back to school.
- An empty colon eliminates the need for pharmaceutical stool softeners.
- An empty colon decreases the potential for bedwetting and wet underpants due to an overfull colon and therefore, an overflowing bladder. I have found it to be an important addition for many families to aid in the potty training process.