I love Tropical Traditions
! They always have great organic and natural products to try out. As many of you know, I`ve been a fan of Tropical Traditions for probably about a year now. I have always received the best customer service from them and excellent quality products. Still, after all this time, I have yet to be disappointed by them. Once again, I`d like to share another opportunity with you all.
I was sent the Whole Golden Flax Seed
to try out this time around and one of you will win the chance to try it out as well! Flax (Linum usitatissimum) is a beautiful blue flowered plant grown on the plains of Central Canada and the North Central United States. Modern research has taken great interest in flaxseed. Study after study confirms that the oil and fiber components of flaxseed have wonderful health benefits.
- Flaxseed has a high ratio of Linolenic (Omega-3) to Linoleic (omega-6) fatty acids. While many other plant seeds contain a higher ratio of omega-6 fats, flaxseed is the one of the few seeds that contains a much higher ratio of the essential omega-3 fats.
- Flaxseed oil is one of the richest sources of OMEGA-3 fatty acid, Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) an ESSENTIAL FATTY ACID (EFA). This fatty acid is considered essential, meaning that your body cannot make it but requires it and so must derive all of it from the diet. The average American diet is lacking in this fat. Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. One serving of Organic Whole Flaxseed provides 9 grms of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids.
- Golden Flaxseed is unique in that 48% of its total fat content is omega-3 fatty acids.
- Flaxseed contains very high amounts of DIETARY FIBER, both SOLUBLE and INSOLUBLE. Golden Flaxseed is 28%-35% fiber, 1/3 of which is soluble, and the other 2/3 insoluble. Soluble fiber also plays an important role in maintaining the â€œgood bacteriaâ€ in our bowel, like Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Bifidobacteria. Insoluble fiber increases the bulk of stools.
- Flaxseed is an outstanding source of many essential nutrients, including: proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, folate, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, magnesium, potassium, iron, thiamine, copper, zinc, calcium and phosphorus.
Flaxseed must be finely cut into a meal to get maximum benefits of the OMEGA-3 oil and dietary fiber. We recommend that you buy a coffee grinder and dedicate its use to grinding flax seeds. Once ground, the flaxseeds should be consumed quickly, as the oil inside the seeds oxidizes rapidly. The recommended daily amount of flaxseeds to eat is about 1â€“2 Tbsp. The most beneficial amount for maximum nutritional value of ground flaxseed is 2 tablespoons daily. It can be mixed into 10â€“12 oz. of juice or water. Make sure you use plenty of water when adding flaxseed to your diet.
Ground flaxseed can easily be added on top of dishes including: baked products, stir-fry dishes, soup or stews, cereal and yogurt. Flaxseed is 35â€“40% oil so a similar amount may be omitted from any recipe requiring oil that also includes ground flaxseed. Similarly, about 1 Tbls. of ground flaxseed steeped in 3 Tbls. of water for 2-3 minutes will substitute for one egg in recipes. Flaxseed contains NO GLUTEN for those with gluten allergy.
My personal experience with the flax seed is it taste great! Yes, they recommend using it as a topping and such, but it actually taste pretty good plain as well. At least I think so! I love that these are actually good for you and blend well with almost anything. So it`s simple to incorporate them into your family meal.Â The shipping was quick and done so in a timely manner. The packaging was very well done as well to ensure my products arrived in perfect condition. The customer service I received wonderful as always as well and I expect nothing less!
Want to give this a try without waiting for the giveaway? Purchase some from here! There`s tons of other great products there you should consider looking at as well!Â Â Please use my referral ID if you make a purchase. (there is a place to choose "How did you hear of us?" In the drop down menu, they will choose "Referred by a friend." Underneath this will be a place that says: "Referred byÂ 5773581")
**OPEN US & CANADA**
Whole Golden Flax Seed
*This entry must be completed or all other entries will be deleted, You must mention that you are following this blog & complete the task.*
Â be a follower of this blog (via google friend connect)Â AND
Â visitÂ Tropical Traditions
Â and come back and let me know something you would like to try!Â Be sure to leave your email address. If I have no way to contact you, I will choose another winner.
1 comment=1 entry
When making an entryÂ I DOÂ verify you have done what you say & that the mandatory entry has been completed. If no mandatory entry was completed all other entries will not qualify. Also, do not just say "i want to win this" or it will be deleted.Â
WORTHÂ 1Â ENTRY EACH
- 5 entriesÂ - Make a Purchase fromÂ Tropical Traditions. (5 entries for each item you purchase)Â --You must use my referral ID for this (there is a place to choose "How did you hear of us?" In the drop down menu, they will choose "Referred by a friend." Underneath this will be a place that says: "Referred byÂ 5773581")
- 2 entriesÂ - Subscribe toÂ Tropical Traditions Newsletter
- Subscribe to my blog via Email & comment that you did so -if you already subscribed just let me know!
- Sign up forÂ SwagbucksÂ usingÂ my link. Be sure to let me know the 1st name & last initial you signed up under. --I WILL CHECK
- Follow me onÂ Â Â Â TwitterÂ & comment that you did so with your twitter user nameÂ -if you are already just let me know!
- Grab my button & Add it to your page or place a link on your site linking back to my web site -comment with the link to where it was placedÂ -if you did already just let me know!Â may be added to multiple pages, 1 entry eachÂ
- Digg, Stumble (or any other similar site) my blog (heres the link of how to do that) --comment that you did so & your digg profile linkÂ Â (can also add this giveaway post for an additional entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway & comment with the link to your tweet. (can be done once per day)
- Become aÂ Fan on FacebookÂ -if you are already just let me know!Â Earn another entry by "linking" this post(button at top of post)
- Follow my blog onÂ Networked Blogs
- (1 entry each) Subscribe toÂ The Mommy Diary and/or Scrappin A Moment via email,Â google readerÂ or follow withÂ googleÂ friend connect.
- Blog this giveaway & comment with the link to your blog.Â --these can be done on a blog site, myspace, facebook, Gather, etc as long as I can see it
- (1 entry each) Leave a comment with your favorite item offÂ Zazzle Me Ashley,Â Scrappin A Moment,Â Closet of TreasuresÂ Thrift Store.
All giveaways are forÂ USA ONLY UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. This would be stated at the very top under where it says "win it". Also, keep in mind, many places do not ship to P.O. Boxes and usually must be a residential address. If this is of concern feel free to contact me or the company before hand.
The winner will be selected viaRandom.orgÂ and will haveÂ 24 hoursÂ to respond to the winning email. If no response is made during that time period a new winner will be chosen. If you did not receive an email, it is up to you to contact me before the 24 hour period is up as I did try to contact you.
The winner also has the option to have the prize sent to someone else if they do not want/need it.
This is how it`s done via this is ONLY an example! The max number will be placed as how many comments are received. If only 20 comments are made then the max number will be 20.Â
Ends April 11, 2011