BUY IT: Want to give this a try without waiting for the giveaway? Purchase some from here!Â Please use my referral ID if you make a purchase. (there is a place to choose "How did you hear of us?" In the drop down menu, they will choose "Referred by a friend." Underneath this will be a place that says: "Referred by 5773581")People have been using chlorine bleach in their laundries since the end of the 18th century. While these products work very well in whitening clothes, chlorine bleaches do have a negative effect upon the environment because of their chemistry. Care must be taken in using chlorine bleach as it is toxic to humans, animals, and plants.* Also, we all have experienced destroying a colored article of clothing because chlorine bleach was accidentally spilled on it.Tropical Traditions Oxygen Bleach is a safe and effective alternative to chlorine based products and it can be used in many applications in and around the home. It is based on sodium percarbonate which uses oxygen for destaining and deodorizing. Oxygen Bleach is safe to use at all temperatures, on most washable fabrics, and all colors, in hard or soft water, and is compatible with other household cleaners. Also, it produces no harmful by-products which negatively affect the environment. Unlike chlorine bleach, which can merely cover up a stain, Tropical Traditions Oxygen Bleach attacks and breaks down organic stains to totally remove them from the garment.
Uses and InstructionsLaundry
- In the laundry Oxygen Bleach is used to destain, deodorize, and whiten. It is very effective as a laundry presoak for heavily stained articles. For light soils add 1 ounce of Oxygen Bleach with your laundry detergent per load. For moderate soils use 2 ounces and for heavily soiled articles use 4 ounces.
- To whiten and deodorize diapers add 4-6 ounces of Oxygen Bleach into the soak cycle. Soak in hot water for at least 30 minutes, or overnight, then complete wash cycle.
- For whitening old linens and yellowed window shears, deodorizing and cleaning tennis shoes, or to get rid of yellow armpit stains on shirts: soak in 2 ounces of Oxygen Bleach per gallon of water for at least one hour, or overnight, then rinse.Kitchen
- For stained plastic ware, dishes, dish rags and dish towels add 1-2 ounces of Oxygen Bleach to the container to be cleaned or to the dishwater and soak for at least 15 minutes.
- To keep your drains and disposals clear and smelling fresh add 1 ounce of Oxygen Bleach in 8 ounces of hot water and allow solution to sit in drain overnight.Bathroom
- For septic systems add 4 ounces of Oxygen Bleach to toilet and flush into the septic system twice a week.
- For toilets add 3 ounces of Oxygen Bleach, wait 15 minutes then scrub.
- For shower curtains soak in one ounce of Oxygen Bleach per gallon of hot water; for mildew stains soak overnight.
- For bathtub and shower use make a paste of Oxygen Bleach with hot water, scrub with a cloth or sponge, wait 15 minutes then rinse or use.Yard
- For deodorizing garbage cans add 1/2 ounce of Oxygen Bleach per gallon of water and let soak.
- For lawn furniture add 2 ounces of Oxygen Bleach to hot water, scrub, wait 15 minutes, then rinse.
- For all weather carpeting add 4 ounces of Oxygen Bleach to a gallon of warm water scrub with a stiff broom, wait 20 minutes then rinse.Household
- To destain and deodorize carpets add one ounce of Oxygen Bleach per gallon of carpet shampoo prior to cleaning.
- To remove mold and mildew from carpeting add 2-4 ounces of Oxygen Bleach per gallon of hot water, apply generously to stain, wait 10 minutes, then vacuum with extractor.
- For acoustic tiles add 6 ounces of Oxygen Bleach per gallon of hot water, spray on tiles, wait 15 minutes then rinse.
- For mops add 3 ounces of Oxygen Bleach to a gallon of hot water, soak overnight then rinse.
- For mildew removal or to clean baseboards or basement floors after water damage from flooding add 4 ounces of Oxygen Bleach to a gallon of hot water, scrub surface, wait 30 minutes then rinse. Oxygen Bleach is safe for use in a closed environment.
- To clean and deodorize cat litter boxes soak them in 3 ounces of Oxygen Bleach per gallon of water for 20 minutes then rinse.
- For urine, feces, or vomit stains on carpets or upholstery, add one teaspoon of Oxygen Bleach to 8 ounces of water, wipe onto stain, wait 10 minutes then rinse.Camping
- To clean and deodorize coolers add 2 ounces of Oxygen Bleach per gallon of hot water, soak for 20 minutes, then rinse.
- For boat sails, cushions, ropes, camping gear, tents, tarps, etc. add 4 of Oxygen Bleach ounces per gallon of hot water soak for 30 minutes then rinse.Wood Decks
- Oxygen Bleach is excellent for cleaning and restoring wood decks. It removes organic stains from leaf stains to BBQ grease, removes mold and mildew as well as sun faded and discolored wood layers. Makes your deck look almost new!!! It doesnâ€™t harm your plants, grass, or landscaping in any way!
- To clean your deck first remove any loose soils or other matter. Dissolve 6 ounces of Oxygen Bleach Destainer and Deodorizer in a gallon of hot water (generally takes about 5 minutes). Apply to wet deck.
- For railings a hand pump sprayer does a really excellent job. Wait 10-15 minutes. Scrub with a stiff broom or brush, then rinse. Oxygen Bleach is not suitable for use with silk or wool.
- 5 entries - Make a Purchase from Tropical Traditions. (5 entries for each item you purchase) --You must use my referral ID for this (there is a place to choose "How did you hear of us?" In the drop down menu, they will choose "Referred by a friend." Underneath this will be a place that says: "Referred by 5773581")
- 1 entry -Tweet about this giveawayÂ
- 2 entries - Subscribe to Tropical Traditions Newsletter
- (3 entries) Subscribe to my blog via Email & comment that you did so -if you already subscribed just let me know!
- (3 entries)Â download my tool bar
- (3 entries) Sign up for Swagbucks using my link. Be sure to let me know the 1st name & last initial you signed up under. --I WILL CHECK
- (1 entry) Add Closet of Free Samples on Myspace
- (1 entry) Add this giveaway to any MckLiny List or any other giveaway promotion site & leave link where it can be found
- (1 entry) Follow me on Twitter & comment that you did so with your twitter user name -if you are already just let me know!
- (1 entry) Grab my button & Add it to your page or place a link on your site linking back to my web site -comment with the link to where it was placed -if you did already just let me know! may be added to multiple pages, 1 entry each
- (1 entry each) Digg, Stumble (or any other similar site) my blog (heres the link of how to do that) --comment that you did so & your digg profile linkÂ (can also add this giveaway post for an additional entry)
- (1 entry) Tweet about this giveaway & comment with the link to your tweet. (can be done once per day)
- (1 entry) Become a Fan on Facebook -if you are already just let me know!
- (1 entry) Subscribe to my blog via reader
- (1 entry) Follow my blog on Networked Blogs
- (1 entry each) Subscribe to The Mommy Diary via email, google reader or follow with google friend connect.
- (5 entries) Blog this giveaway & comment with the link to your blog. --these can be done on a blog site, myspace, facebook, Gather, etc as long as I can see it
- (1 entry) Leave a comment with your favorite item off Zazzle Me Ashley, Scrappin A Moment, Closet of Treasures Thrift Store. -1 entry for each one!
All giveaways are for USA ONLY UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. This would be stated at the very top under where it says "win it". Also, keep in mind, many places do not ship to P.O. Boxes and usually must be a residential address. If this is of concern feel free to contact me or the company before hand.This is how it`s done via this is ONLY an example! The max number will be placed as how many comments are received. If only 20 comments are made then the max number will be 20. Ends June 11, 2010
The winner will be selected via Random.org and will have 24 hours to respond to the winning email. If no response is made during that time period a new winner will be chosen. If you did not receive an email, it is up to you to contact me before the 24 hour period is up as I did try to contact you. The winner also has the option to have the prize sent to someone else if they do not want/need it.