I generally have sensitive gums. Sometimes they are more sensitive than others, I guess it depends on what day you ask. Recently I was given the opportunity to try the Natural Dentist Healthy Gums Mouth Rinse
plus give one away to one of you wonderful readers!
If you are experiencing â€œpink in the sinkâ€ when you spit out your toothpaste, or blood on your dental floss, take heed.Â People mistakenly think this is a sign that they are brushing hard/well or flossing efficiently, but bleeding gums is actually a symptom of gingivitis, and it is a warning sign that your gums need serious attention. Dentists estimate that 80% of us develop gum disease in our lifetimes, ranging from mild gingivitis to severe periodontitis. If left untreated, however, gum disease may progress to other oral health issues, including tooth loss (itâ€™s the #1 reason for adult tooth loss!). Other studies and experts, including Dr. Oz, have also linked gum disease to heart disease, stroke, breast cancer and respiratory diseases, such as COPD.
While it can happen to anyone, the following raise the risk for developing gingivitis:
Â§Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Poor dental hygiene
Â§Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Pregnancy/puberty/menopause (hormonal changes increase the sensitivity of the gums)
Â§Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Uncontrolled diabetes
Â§Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Genetics/family history (30% of general population susceptible to gum disease)
Â§Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Smoking
Â§Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Stress
Â§Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Medications
Â§Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â General illness
Gingivitis is due to the long-term effects of plaque deposits, and it is often painless, so bleeding gums may be your only symptom until it has progressed further along (other symptoms are swollen/tender gums, receding gums, and/or persistent bad breath).Â Luckily, one of the early warning signs of the gum inflammation ISthe bleeding you see when you brush or floss, so it is your bodyâ€™s way of telling you somethingâ€™s not right. If you have a family history of this issue or notice bleeding when you brush or floss, you should schedule a dental visit to evaluate your condition, as well as take steps at home by adding The Natural Dentist Healthy Gums Anti-Gingivitis Rinseto your oral care regimen.
The Natural Dentist Healthy Gums Mouth Rinse is clinically proven to:
- Reduce and prevent bleeding gums
- Protects against gingivitis
- Kill germs
- Reduces plaque
- Freshens breath
- Contains Aloe Vera gel as its active ingredient to help prevent bleeding gums
- Also contains other natural medicinal components such as Echinacea, goldenseal, calendula, and grapefruit seed extract that help calm gum inflammation
The Natural Dentist line is powered by nature, proven by science.Â The Natural Dentist Healthy Gums Anti-Gingivitis Rinse DOES NOT contain alcohol or artificial ingredients, making it natural and healthy for your mouth.Â However, unlike other naturalproducts, The Natural Dentist tests its products in controlled studies. Universities, oral care experts, periodontists, and dental hygienists continually evaluate the products, ingredients and effectiveness. The NaturalDentist products are not tested on animals; research is conducted with human volunteers and laboratory tests. View research studies, publications and abstracts at https://www.stopbleedingnaturally.com/clinicalstudies.php.Â
So what are my thoughts? I was expecting just a normal boring mouth wash. Much to my surprise though the rinse had a very pleasant taste to it. It said that it is mint flavor, but it`s not a peppermint, it`s a very pleasant spearmint, but a bit more unique than the typical spearmint I`m used to. When I say unique I mean that in a very good way. While using the mouth wash I could feel the freshness and cleanliness without any burning. I could tell off hand that it was working. I also had my fiance try out the mouth wash since his gums are VERY sensitive and he agreed it tasted good and felt nice on his gums as well. Has it stopped the bleeding? Well give us a few weeks, I`ll let you know! Any how, even if it doesn`t completely stop the bleeding it taste great and leaves your mouth feeling clean! Would I recommend this product? Absolutely!
The Natural DentistHealthy Gums Rinse is available at all several major retailers nationwide including Walgreens, Rite Aid, Whole Foods and more for an average retail price of $7.49. To see a complete list of stores and the entire line of The NaturalDentist products, visit Â Â https://www.stopbleedingnaturally.com.
(1) Natural Dentist Healthy Gums Mouth Rinse
*This entry must be completed or all other entries will be deleted, You must mention that you are following this blog & complete the task.*
1) You MUST follow my blog via Google Friend Connect (in right sidebar, click the follow button)
2) Visit the Sponsor: The Natural DentistÂ and come back and let me know something you would like to try!Â Be sure to leave your email address. If I have no way to contact you, I will choose another winner.
1 comment=1 entry
When making an entryÂ I DOÂ verify you have done what you say & that the mandatory entry has been completed. If no mandatory entry was completed all other entries will not qualify. Also, do not just say "i want to win this" or it will be deleted.
Additional Ways to Enter
- 5 entriesÂ - Make a Purchase fromÂ The Natural Dentist
- 1 entry - Follow The Natural Dentist on Facebook (comment that Closet of Free Samples sent you)Â
- 3 Entries - ReadÂ my post about my sister and comment on that post about the situationÂ Read Here. (Leave the 3 giveaway entry comments on this giveaway post)
MORE ENTRIES WORTHÂ 1Â ENTRY EACH
- Subscribe to my blog via an Email Subscriber
- Follow me on TwitterÂ & comment that you did so with your twitter user nameÂ -if you are already just let me know!
- Grab my buttonÂ or text link & Add it to your page or place a link on your site linking back to my web site -comment with the link to where it was placedÂ -if you did already just let me know!Â may be added to multiple pages, 1 entry eachÂ
- Digg, Stumble (or any other similar site) my blog (heres the link of how to do that) --comment that you did so & your digg profile linkÂ Â (can also add this giveaway post for an additional entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway & comment with the link to your tweet. (can be done once per day)
- Become aÂ Fan on FacebookÂ -if you are already just let me know!Â Earn another entry by "linking" this post(button at top of post)
- Follow my blog onÂ Networked Blogs
- (1 entry each) Subscribe toÂ The Mommy Diary and/or Scrappin A Moment via email,Â google readerÂ or follow withÂ googleÂ friend connect.
- Blog this giveaway & comment with the link to your blog.
- (1 entry each) Leave a comment with your favorite item offÂ Zazzle Me Ashley,Â Scrappin A Moment,Â Closet of TreasuresÂ Thrift Store, My Etsy Shop
All giveaways are forÂ USA ONLY UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. This would be stated at the very top under where it says "win it". Also, keep in mind, many places do not ship to P.O. Boxes and usually must be a residential address. If this is of concern feel free to contact me or the company before hand.
The winner will be selected viaRandom.orgÂ and will haveÂ 24 hoursÂ to respond to the winning email. If no response is made during that time period a new winner will be chosen. If you did not receive an email, it is up to you to contact me before the 24 hour period is up as I did try to contact you.
The winner also has the option to have the prize sent to someone else if they do not want/need it.
This is how it`s done via this is ONLY an example! The max number will be placed as how many comments are received. If only 20 comments are made then the max number will be 20.Â
Ends March 7, 2012