Are you into cosmetics? I`m into it here and there. What I mean by that is sometimes I really get in the mood to wear makeup and other times I could care less. I`m not one who feels the need to wear it all the time, but I do enjoy wearing it from time to time. So of course I don`t generally spend a lot on cosmetics being it would not financially be worth it for me. That`s where this awesome site called Julep Maven
comes in. Not only did I get a little something to review, but one of you also has a chance to win a little something as well!
Julep Maven is committed to creating vibrant nail color and the most effective Mani and Pedi Care products. All products follow their Girlfriend`s Oath to pack in lots of good stuff without any of the toxins and carcinogens. In fact, they are serious about supporting girlfriend`s everywhere. That`s why they donate $1 from every nail color they sell to organizations that support women through theur Powered by Girlfriends program.
With all that set, what exactly is Julep Maven about? Well, Being a Maven, gives you exclusive access to COLOR
!Â You get it first, and YOU decide how often you want to receive your beauty editor Sneak Peek Box. For just $19.99 a month, you`llÂ receive over $40
worth of trendsetting polish colors and cutting-edge treatment products each month customized in a gift-able Sneak Peek Box. Each Sneak Peek Box features new, never before released colors
and treatments FIRST
to you, before anyone else. Your box also includes hits and cult favorites
- the products we like to keep on the top of editors` mindsâ€¨. You also get 20% off
all julep.com purchases in addition to the FREE shipping
on ALL your purchases. Each box also comes with a surprise and delight
element- something to look forward to! You will also receive additional membership perks throughout the year.
So what do I think? I love this idea! I was sent a handpicked February Maven Box. For this month the box includes:
- Meryl Julep Nail Vernis --The perfect neutral, sophisticated gray creme.
- Oscar Julep Nail Vernis --Ultra Chic, multi-dimensional gold glitter
- Julep Topcoat for Hair --Smooth, condition, and seal your hair while leaving a lustrous protective sheen
Jane`s Beauty Tip included: "One of my favorite tips is to finish every shampoo with a blast of cold water to help seal the cuticle. You`ll be surprised at the noticeable difference in shine.Â
The box is always a $40+ value with quality products and I must honestly say I agree with this! Not only did I get those goodies in the box, but they also included a dark chocolate man! Yes, you heard me, an edible dark chocolate man! Now come on ladies, don`t tell me you can turn that away! The man candy bar is made with cocoa beans, sugar, butter, and soy lecithin.
So any box that throws in a chocolate man as a bonus is a winner all in itself!
Seriously though, this actually a very pleasant experience. The shipping speed was rather quick and beautifully packaged. The box on the outside is a typical cardboard box, but the presentation of the products within is what I loved. They not only carefully bubble wrapped each product to insure safe delivery, but they also used a nice color appropriate choice as a box filler as well. I find small things like that just add that "little something extra" to show your package was handled with care attractive. The products themselves that they send are FULL SIZED, not a teasing trial size like many other places would send. The quality of the products are wonderful!
|Forgive my funky toe painting job!
The nail polish itself really attracted me. Most of the time glitter nail polish needs to be added over a different coat of nail polish to be made attractive. This particular brand that I received actually went on and can be worn as it`s own layer of glitter by itself or, of course, I could always add it to another nail color to bring it out. It also dries rather quickly as well. Did I mention I also love the way the bottle looks?! Needless to say I am very happy with my experience I had with Julep Maven! Do I think $19.99 is worth it? Definitely! Especial since MY readers get an exclusive deal!
Yes, you read right A DEAL! Any of my readers who wish to give this experience a try for themselves can sign up and receive their first Maven box for only $5 ($19.99 value!)! How? Simply use the code CLOSETSAMPLES
Julep Mavin Box
*This entry must be completed or all other entries will be deleted, You must mention that you are following this blog & complete the task.*
1) You MUST follow my blog via Google Friend Connect (in right sidebar, click the follow button)
2) Visit the Sponsor: Julep MavenÂ and come back and let me know something you would like to try!Â Be sure to leave your email address. If I have no way to contact you, I will choose another winner.
1 comment=1 entry
When making an entryÂ I DOÂ verify you have done what you say & that the mandatory entry has been completed. If no mandatory entry was completed all other entries will not qualify. Also, do not just say "i want to win this" or it will be deleted.
Additional Ways to Enter
MORE ENTRIES WORTHÂ 1Â ENTRY EACH
- Subscribe to my blog via an Email Subscriber
- Follow me on Â Â Â TwitterÂ & comment that you did so with your twitter user nameÂ -if you are already just let me know!
- Grab my buttonÂ or text link & Add it to your page or place a link on your site linking back to my web site -comment with the link to where it was placedÂ -if you did already just let me know!Â may be added to multiple pages, 1 entry eachÂ
- Digg, Stumble (or any other similar site) my blog (heres the link of how to do that) --comment that you did so & your digg profile linkÂ Â (can also add this giveaway post for an additional entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway & comment with the link to your tweet. (can be done once per day)
- Become aÂ Fan on FacebookÂ -if you are already just let me know!Â Earn another entry by "linking" this post(button at top of post)
- Follow my blog onÂ Networked Blogs
- (1 entry each) Subscribe toÂ The Mommy Diary and/or Scrappin A Moment via email,Â google readerÂ or follow withÂ googleÂ friend connect.
- Blog this giveaway & comment with the link to your blog.Â --these can be done on a blog site, myspace, facebook, Gather, etc as long as I can see it
- (1 entry each) Leave a comment with your favorite item offÂ Zazzle Me Ashley,Â Scrappin A Moment,Â Closet of TreasuresÂ Thrift Store, My Etsy Shop
All giveaways are forÂ USA ONLY UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. This would be stated at the very top under where it says "win it". Also, keep in mind, many places do not ship to P.O. Boxes and usually must be a residential address. If this is of concern feel free to contact me or the company before hand.
The winner will be selected viaRandom.orgÂ and will haveÂ 24 hoursÂ to respond to the winning email. If no response is made during that time period a new winner will be chosen. If you did not receive an email, it is up to you to contact me before the 24 hour period is up as I did try to contact you.
The winner also has the option to have the prize sent to someone else if they do not want/need it.
This is how it`s done via this is ONLY an example! The max number will be placed as how many comments are received. If only 20 comments are made then the max number will be 20.Â
Ends February 21, 2012!