Call me a nerd but I love home made soaps, organic soaps, etc. Basically, the ones you rarely (if ever) find in your local stores! Just recently I came across a site called Goat Milk Stuff
where they offer a variety of products using goat milk. I was excited when they welcomed me to team up with them to try some of their goat milk soap
products. Not only that though, they are offering one of my lucky readers a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to their stores to use on the item(s) of their choice!
You`re probably wondering "what`s so special about goat milk soap?" Well, When making soap, you need a liquid.Â Some soap makers use water, some use fruit juice, vegetable juice, or even beer.Â They choose to use goat milk.Â The cream and the proteins that are present in the goat milk add a moisturizing effect to soap that is above and beyond what water can achieve. Jim used to work outside year round.Â Because his skin was so dried out and chapped, they had to buy lotion in bulk to get him through the winter.Â When he started regularly using our goat milk soap, his fingers stopped cracking and splitting.Â That was enough to convince them of the benefits of goat milk soap. But if you want more, checkout their article on Goat Milk Soap Benefits
Their goat milk soaps are all natural.TheyÂ use different oils to scent some of these natural soaps. Essential Oils are derived exclusively from plant material. Fragrance oils contain a synthetic component to mimic scents that can not be derived from nature. Most of their soaps contain a blend of essential and fragrance oils. Their Exclusively Essentials soaps are made with just essential oils. The fragrance oils that they use are phthalate and paraben free.
All that`s great, but what do I think? Well the products I received were the Fiji Island soap
, Kool Koala Essential Oil soap
, Pomegranate-Lemonade soap
, Cranberry Spice soap
, Love Spell soap
, Ocean soap
, Patchouli Soap
, Sandal Wood soap
, and the black cherry lip balm. I absolutely LOVE these soaps! I have tried several soaps before and this has to be one of my favorite if not THE favorite at this point. First of all, they were packaged very well and carefully. They smelt so good and powerful that I smelt my products while they were still in the box!
Once I took my soaps out I was excited to try them! Did you take a look at the soap photos on their web site? Well, their soaps look exactly like the ones pictures on the web site. I know some sites show the blocks of soap but then send you small smoothed out bars of soap. This site sends you what you see. The bars are smooth to touch, don`t get me wrong, but the top layer of soap has that swirl look to them are still there. I`m a nerd I guess because I think it`s really cool!
Each soap has it`s own unique and distinct scent. They are not all so similar that you can`t tell which one is which. Of course, this is something else I love. Another thing I love is how their soaps are natural. The soap I decided to start off with is the sample sized Sandalwood. We are fixing to move so I didn`t want to use a full bar until we get into our new home so I went with the sample/travel size to start off with. I was highly impressed. Many of these types of soaps smell good from the outside, but generally that`s how far they go. Not too often do they wash very well.
With these I noticed a silky smooth feeling when using the bar as I washed my hands. After the wash and I dried my hands I noticed my hands felt soft and smooth, more so than normal for my hands. I also noticed I was able to still smell the scent on my hands from the soap. It wasn`t as strong as how you smell it directly off the bar of course, but it still leaves a nice lingering scent for you to enjoy. This is a HUGE plus for me. Again, this is a quality I notice is hard to find in soaps.
The lip balm is also nice. While it is simple, it applies on smoothly. I do wish it had more of a scent or flavor to it though. An upside to this product though is that it is made with all natural ingredients. I love using natural products, so even though there wasn`t really a flavor that I noticed, I did like the smooth texture for the application.
So overall? I think it`s quite obvious. I LOVE the products. The soaps were my favorite. Please do not ask me to select only one though because that simply is not possible for me! I was impressed with the high quality and even more impressed that they are reasonably priced for such wonderful quality. The shipping was also much quicker than I had anticipated. I have nothing but positive things to say about this company and HIGHLY recommend trying them. Whether it`s a gift for yourself, friend, or family member, you will not be sorry!
(1) $25 Gift Certificate to Goat Milk Stuff
*This entry must be completed or all other entries will be deleted, You must mention that you are following this blog & complete the task.*
1) You MUST follow my blog via Google Friend Connect (in right sidebar, click the follow button)
2) Visit the Sponsor: Goat Milk StuffÂ and come back and let me know something you would like to try!Â Be sure to leave your email address. If I have no way to contact you, I will choose another winner.
1 comment=1 entry
When making an entryÂ I DOÂ verify you have done what you say & that the mandatory entry has been completed. If no mandatory entry was completed all other entries will not qualify. Also, do not just say "i want to win this" or it will be deleted.
Additional Ways to Enter
MORE ENTRIES WORTHÂ 1Â ENTRY EACH
- Subscribe to my blog via an Email Subscriber
- Follow me on TwitterÂ & comment that you did so with your twitter user nameÂ -if you are already just let me know!
- Grab my buttonÂ or text link & Add it to your page or place a link on your site linking back to my web site -comment with the link to where it was placedÂ -if you did already just let me know!Â may be added to multiple pages, 1 entry eachÂ
- Digg, Stumble (or any other similar site) my blog (heres the link of how to do that) --comment that you did so & your digg profile linkÂ Â (can also add this giveaway post for an additional entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway & comment with the link to your tweet. (can be done once per day)
- Become aÂ Fan on FacebookÂ -if you are already just let me know!Â Earn another entry by "linking" this post(button at top of post)
- Follow my blog onÂ Networked Blogs
- (1 entry each) Subscribe toÂ The Mommy Diary and/or Scrappin A Moment via email,Â google readerÂ or follow withÂ googleÂ friend connect.
- Blog this giveaway & comment with the link to your blog.
- (1 entry each) Leave a comment with your favorite item offÂ Zazzle Me Ashley,Â Scrappin A Moment,Â Closet of TreasuresÂ Thrift Store, My Etsy Shop
All giveaways are forÂ USA ONLY UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. This would be stated at the very top under where it says "win it". Also, keep in mind, many places do not ship to P.O. Boxes and usually must be a residential address. If this is of concern feel free to contact me or the company before hand.
The winner will be selected viaRandom.orgÂ and will haveÂ 24 hoursÂ to respond to the winning email. If no response is made during that time period a new winner will be chosen. If you did not receive an email, it is up to you to contact me before the 24 hour period is up as I did try to contact you.
The winner also has the option to have the prize sent to someone else if they do not want/need it.
This is how it`s done via this is ONLY an example! The max number will be placed as how many comments are received. If only 20 comments are made then the max number will be 20.Â
Ends March 6, 2012