The Story: Dr. Bloom Inc. was founded in 2003 by sisters Helen Bloom Smith DMD and Joy Bloom Wright along with friend Mary Wheeler Settlemier. All three are mothers who have nine children between them.Our very first product to hit the market was conceptualized in December of 2003 while Dr. Bloom was sitting on the floor (seven months pregnant) playing with her twin nephews. As they were playing, she realized that they were drooling and teething on her jewelry. Being a senior in dental school, Dr. Bloom was concerned about their developing/erupting teeth because they were literally chomping and chewing on her glass beaded bracelet and necklace charm.As a soon to be dentist, she quickly informed her sister that chewing on glass beads and metal may be dangerous to developing tooth buds. Her sister then told her â€œthat is why new moms donâ€™t wear jewelry, because babies chew on anything they can get their hands and mouth onâ€. After that, the search was on to find a material suitable for a teething baby. They searched baby stores, toy stores, and the Internet and came up empty.Intrigued by the idea, Dr. Bloom continued to research the concept of jewelry designed for moms and safe for babies & toddlers. She realized this concept did not exist. As a mother of a two month old, she then designed and prototyped the first bracelet as a gift for her sister. In July of 2004, while attending a wedding, she offered bracelets to her son and two nephewsAll three boys loved them and stayed quiet for over an hour (a dream come true for any parent). This was the â€œA-haâ€ moment.She knew this would be a product she would love to have as well as her friends, family and other new moms. She immediately set out in search of the material for her product and realized, through research and development that most teethers are made of plastics that leach harmful carcinogenic chemicals. It was then that she realized how important it was to produce a product that was not only utilitarian and fashionable, but also safe.
- 5 entries - Make a Purchase from Chewable Jewels (5 entries for each item you purchase)Â --I do verify if a purchase has been made or not.
- 1 entry -Follow (& comment Closet of Free Samples sent you)Chewable Jewels on Twitter
- 1 entry -Follow (& comment Closet of Free Samples sent you) Chewable Jewels on Facebook
- (3 entries) Subscribe to my blog via Email & comment that you did so -if you already subscribed just let me know!
- (3 entries)Â download my tool bar
- (3 entries) Sign up for Swagbucks using my link. Be sure to let me know the 1st name & last initial you signed up under. --I WILL CHECK
- (1 entry) Add Closet of Free Samples on Myspace
- (1 entry) Add this giveaway to any MckLiny List or any other giveaway promotion site & leave link where it can be found
- (1 entry) Follow me onTwitter & comment that you did so with your twitter user name -if you are already just let me know!
- (1 entry) Grab my button & Add it to your page or place a link on your site linking back to my web site -comment with the link to where it was placed -if you did already just let me know! may be added to multiple pages, 1 entry each
- (1 entry each) Digg, Stumble (or any other similar site) my blog (heres the link of how to do that) --comment that you did so & your digg profile linkÂ (can also add this giveaway post for an additional entry)
- (1 entry) Tweet about this giveaway & comment with the link to your tweet. (can be done once per day)
- (1 entry) Become a Fan on Facebook -if you are already just let me know!
- (1 entry) Subscribe to my blog via reader
- (1 entry) Follow my blog on Networked Blogs
- (1 entry each) Subscribe to The Mommy Diary via email, google reader or follow with google friend connect.
- (5 entries) Blog this giveaway & comment with the link to your blog. --these can be done on a blog site, myspace, facebook, Gather, etc as long as I can see it
- (1 entry) Leave a comment with your favorite item off Zazzle Me Ashley, Scrappin A Moment, Closet of Treasures Thrift Store. -1 entry for each one!
All giveaways are for USA ONLY UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. This would be stated at the very top under where it says "win it". Also, keep in mind, many places do not ship to P.O. Boxes and usually must be a residential address. If this is of concern feel free to contact me or the company before hand.This is how it`s done via this is ONLY an example! The max number will be placed as how many comments are received. If only 20 comments are made then the max number will be 20. Ends April 11, 2010
The winner will be selected via Random.org and will have 24 hours to respond to the winning email. If no response is made during that time period a new winner will be chosen. If you did not receive an email, it is up to you to contact me before the 24 hour period is up as I did try to contact you. The winner also has the option to have the prize sent to someone else if they do not want/need it.
Don`t forget to check out my Online Thrift Shop! I accept offers, combine shipping & ship worldwide! Use Swagbucks to search for your coupons while getting paid to do it! Free to join!