The benefits of drinking water have been much discussed in the media. Water helps keep you hydrated, which is important because every single cell in your body needs it in order to absorb nutrients and expel waste products. But what are some of the less well known benefits of drinking water?
1) Drinking Water Keeps You Young
Drinking plenty of water is great for your skin. If you don’t drink enough water, you’ll suffer from dry skin, and you’ll be likely to use more creams and lotions to moisturize. However, creams and lotions don’t strike at the root of the problem. Drinking plenty of water keeps your skin moisturized and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. If you don’t drink enough water, your body will try to retain it in order to conserve resources. This retention makes your skin puffy and can even lead to bloating.
2) Drinking Water Helps You Lose Weight
There’s a reason why most diets and fitness programs ask you to drink a lot of water. One of the benefits of drinking water is that it helps you lose weight. Water suppresses your appetite, so you don’t eat as much. Drinking plenty of water also prevents fluid retention, because your body won’t try to retain water if it’s getting enough. Drinking water also helps your body burn stored fat. If you’re not drinking enough water, your liver will be forced to help your kidneys detoxify your body. When you drink plenty of water, your kidneys don’t need any extra help, so your liver will be able to metabolize stored fat more efficiently. Drinking water flushes toxins from your body and prevents constipation.
3) Drinking Water Helps You Build Muscle
Another benefit of drinking water is that it makes your muscles stronger. That’s because water carries oxygen to the cells of your body, including those of your muscles. Drinking plenty of water enables your muscles to work harder and longer before they feel tired, and this can help you build muscle.
4) Drinking Water Makes You Smarter
Drinking water can increase your cognitive function. Your brain needs a lot of oxygen in order to function at optimum levels. Drinking plenty of water ensures that your brain gets all the oxygen it needs. Drinking eight to ten cups of water per day can improve your levels of cognitive performance by as much as 30%! Drinking plenty of water also supports nerve function. It ensures that your body’s electrolyte levels remain high enough to allow your nerves to relay messages to and from the brain in the way they were meant to.
5) Drinking Water Is Good for Your Joints
One of the lesser known benefits of drinking water is that it helps keep your joints strong, healthy and lubricated. Your joints need moisture in order to remain strong and flexible, so that your movements are smooth and pain free.
Want some delicious water? Well I found some new water that honestly is the BEST water I’ve ever had… not something I expected to say about water. You see the thing is, to me, generally water tastes the same (unless it’s hot, cold or flavored). All that changed today when I tried the WaiÄkea Hawaiian Volcanic Water. Since its launch in 2012, WaiÄkea Hawaiian volcanic water has been embraced and loved by foodies everywhere for its distinctive taste and terroir – one that enables it to be enjoyed with a variety of food. From traditional Hawaiian poi, to a Caprese salad or even sushi, WaiÄkea compliments almost any dish. This taste and terroir are determined by its Minerality, Orientation, Virginality and Vintage. The amount of minerals dissolved in water is indicated as total dissolved solids (tds). A water’s tds is made up of minerals such silica, calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, iron, and many others. WaiÄkea has a tds of 79 that gives it a light, crisp taste that, unlike more significant tds mineral waters, can be paired with almost all types of food. It is the particular combination of minerals, especially the presence of silica, that give it its silky smooth taste and mouthfeel. Virginality indicates how protected a water is from its surroundings. It is determined by the water’s level of nitrate. Nitrate is easily carried through soil by water, and this contamination may come from fertilizer, animal waste products, decaying plant matter, septic tanks, etc. The EPA regulates nitrate in drinking water to protect public health at 10 mg/liter. WaiÄkea’s unique volcanic filtration process keeps these harmful contaminants away, giving it a superior rating in virginality with a nitrate level of only .59 mg/l. This low nitrate level also has to do with its vintage. Vintage indicates the age of the water before it is sourced. WaiÄkea is a young water that is constantly flowing and takes less than 30 days to arrive from where it originates on the Mauna Loa volcano. Very young waters like WaiÄkea don’t have much time to absorb as many minerals, nor contaminants as mentioned above, and thus it lends it a light, crisp, and clean taste.
First of all the water itself has this refreshing taste – like the freshest water you’ve ever tasted. The bottle packaging is plastic, but in an attractive square sort of shape. On the bottles it’s marked when your water was packaged and when it’s best by. Mine was packaged THIS year – so it hasn’t been sitting on the shelves for year. Then it doesn’t expire until 2016. Does water really expire? Well that’s for another day and I won’t be finding out because I honestly can’t get enough of the water. It’s not even so much just the water, but the delicious Organic Super Tea Ginger Zing I added to my water. Now let’s be honest – I wasn’t even going to try it. It sounded horrible. But then what kind of reviewer would I be not to? So combining my new volcano water with this new ginger zing – it was surprisingly addicitingly delicious. It has a bit of a spice taste to it, but it’s oh so good. Almost instantly from drinking a few sips I had energy; which I wasn’t expecting. Here’s some benefits of drinking ginger:
1. Haven’t been feeling hungry? Eat fresh ginger just before lunch to stoke a dull appetite and fire up the digestive juices.
2. Ginger improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
3. Ginger clears the microcirculatory channels of the body, including the pesky sinuses that tend to flare up from time to time.
4. Feeling airsick or nauseous? Chew on ginger, preferably tossed in a little honey.
5. Can’t stop the toot-a-thon? Gas “oops”guess what?! Ginger helps reduce flatulence!
6. Tummy moaning and groaning under cramps? Munch on ginger.
7. Reeling under joint pain? Ginger, with its anti-inflammatory properties can bring relief. Float some ginger essential oil in your bath to help aching muscles and joints.
8. Just had surgery? Chewing ginger post-operation can help overcome nausea.
9. Stir up some ginger tea to get rid of throat and nose congestion. And when there’s a nip in the air, the warming benefits of this tasty tea are even greater!
10. Bedroom blues? Try adding a gingery punch to a bowl of soup. (Psst…the Ayurvedic texts credit ginger with aphrodisiac properties)
3 Ways to Use Ginger
1. Ginger & Herb Rice
Cook basmati rice. When you take the lid off the pan, quickly stir in finely chopped garlic, ginger, green chilies and fresh cilantro leaves the burst of flavor and fragrance will drive your senses crazy with desire!
2. Ginger In Your Juice
“Grate” idea: grate some ginger root and put it in your juicer, along with carrots and apples and a little lemon juice. Totally yummy and, of course, so good for you!
3. Gingery Dessert
Even a smidgen of grated ginger on your vanilla panna cotta or strawberry sorbet can wake up the flavor!
Overall trying these new items was not at all what I expected. I thought just some boring old water and a funky additive. To my surprise I found the best tasting water I’ve ever tasted and a great additive that not only tastes great, but is healthy on top of it all. Who would have thought? I need to drink more water to be healthier and this stuff has me right on target!
Love water? Then you will love these:
- Never Buy Drinking Water Again! Transform Your Tap Water to Healthy Drinking Water Now!
- Water Filters
- 72 hour Flash Sale – Take 10% Off Whole House Water Systems! Plus 25% Off Drinking & Shower Filters
- Big Berkey Ceramic System $20 Off
- Save hundreds a year on bottled water! Click here to visit Isopure Water for more information
- Seventh Generation Inc. – Water bottle
- Water for Life USA water Ionizer
- 10% Off TYgo Portable Alkalizer! Use code: WowTYgo10 at TyentUSA.com!
- Up to $1,500 Off in Gifts & Savings with code: VettedDeal at TyentUSA.com!